2158 North Avenue
Omaha, NE 68154
May 22, 2010
Mr. Carlos Hofer
4014 Seneca Drive
Portland, OR 97232
Dear Mr. Hofer,
I am writing to express my interest in your Account Executive position at Adidas. With over 12 years’ working as an Account Executive in two successful sales companies, $2 million in profits made, and a degree in Sales and Marketing; I believe myself to be the best person for this position. To this end, I have enclosed my qualifications.
What I bring to this open position of Account Executive is a demand for sales excellence, results, and customer satisfaction. I have worked in Sales and Marketing for the past 15 years, and in that time-have been able to gain a solid understanding of what it takes to initiate a sale, make the sale, and follow up for more sales. I know how to apply my education, my stellar communications skills, and love for a customer product to making the customer as happy as possible with their end product. I am a leader and a team player-committed to both the company that I work for and my clients, new and existing. This is why I know I would make a valuable addition to your team, one that could bring Adidas real success.
For more details on my career qualifications, please review the enclosed resume. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview, and can be reached at (444)-311-4628, [email] Thanks so much for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.
SUSAN J. DOE
Phone Number | City and State
Email Address | Personal Website
FASHION DESIGN EXECUTIVE
An innovative and creative fashion leader offers extensive experience in product design and development, working for industry-leading fashion houses such as Company X and Company Y. Expertise includes product development for high-end and medium-end men’s and women’s business wear, casual wear, swimsuit, and sport/ athletic clothing. Travels across Europe and Asia to monitor fashion trends, production, suppliers, and fashion shows. Core Strengths include:
Design Management – Team Leadership – Garment Construction – Print Design & Production – Strategic Planning Presentations – Budget Management – Training & Development – Photoshop – Illustrator – WebPDM – MS Office/ Excel
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Led design and development of a $50M swim and hat retail business across multiple brands for Company A; tripled retail sales over three years while partnering with merchandising and production to achieve high margins.
- Traveled to trend inspirational shows seasonally, including multiple fashion shows in Europe and South America.
- Delivered an elegant unisex suit design for Company B that was featured on runways and New York fashion events.
- Grew women’s shirts and trouser line into the third best-selling category companywide, increasing annual revenue from $25M to $50M in less than two years.
Company Name, New York, NY | 2005 - 2017
Senior Design Director – Men’s Headwear & Swimwear
- Developed talented and motivated staff members, including design, product development, and technical teams. Drove innovation in printed swimwear, leveraging extensive expertise in design and development of prints, including digital, rotary, screen, and CMYK techniques; oversaw swimwear print direction, art packs, and strike off’s through to production; also headed technical fabric research and development, trims, and logos.
- Conducted research and business throughout Europe and Asia, visiting fabric mills, print facilities, factories, and trim suppliers to ensure quality and timely production.
Designer – Woven Shirts & Trousers
- Grew women’s shirts/ trousers into the third best-selling category in the company, generating $50M+ annual sales.
- Worked bi-annual fashion shows, including working with the public relations teams on press shows.
- Developed seasonal concepts and color palettes to present directly to senior decision makers.
- Travel throughout Europe on business, including Italian and English factories and mills.
Company Name, New York, NY | 2002 - 2005
Assistant Designer/ Women’s CK Knits & Sweaters
- Assisted in design for company’s Women’s Knits and Sweaters and contributed to seasonal fashion shows.
- Worked on flat and technical sketches and created product development tech packs in WebPDM.
- Designed presentation boards each season for corporate review.
BS, Fashion Design – University Name